Search This Blog

Friday, August 7, 2009

Getting a Memorable Ride Photo

I love ride photos. Or maybe I should say I love good ride photos. Some rides have good ride photos and some of them have awful ride photos. Here is a list of photo / interaction on different rides:

Ride Quality

Splash Mountain Great
Buzz Lightyear Bad
Expedition Everest Good
Dinosaur Good
Test Track Awful
Tower of Terror Great
Rocking Roller Coaster Good
Spaceship Earth (interaction) Great

Why is Test Track awful? It’s at the end of the ride. The exciting part is done and nothing is happening. It’s also very hard to time. I’ve never seen a good photo from this ride. Everyone looks like a doofus in these photos.

There are some rules to follow when doing a ride photo. It has to be predictable or during thrilling part. That’s why Splash Mountain and Spaceship Earth are great. On Splash Mountain you know it is coming and it’s during a thrill. On Spaceship Earth it’s predicable.

Spaceship Earth is a double edged sword. I knew the face capture was coming and I knew it was going to be used in the ending. However, I didn’t know it was going to be posted up on a massive screen at the end of the ride. Why is that an issue? Because I made a funny face. Lets just say I got my butt out of the after ride section as fast as I could.

I have a demented goal when it comes to ride photos. I’ve always wanted to get a ride photo taken when I’m wearing my gas mask. I got a cheap gas mask on eBay a while back. It’s a great gag prop. I think it would be really funny to sit in the back of the log on Splash Mountain and put it on right before the drop. There are some problems with that idea. One I don’t think I could get it through airport security. Two there is a chance Disney would block it at security. Maybe some day if I drive down I’ll give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment