Search This Blog

Monday, August 31, 2009

Breaking News: Disney Buys Marvel for 4 Billion

It was announced this morning that Disney bought Marvel for an estimated 4 billion dollars.

As a Disney fan I have mixed emotions about this. Does this mean Spiderman and the X-Men are going to start showing up in the parks? I hope not. I should mention that I hate the fact that the Power Rangers and TMNT have appeared in the parks from time to time. I guess Spiderman would be better than them. If they do appear it better be restricted to DHS or the California Adventure.

That being said one thing that would be me excited about this deal is the possibility of a new theme park. If you could take the world of Marvel and give it to the Imagineers and tell them to build a new park just imagine what you could get. That could be impressive. If you don’t know much about marvel keep this in mind – Marvel has 5000 characters. Yes 5000. In fact the only major characters they don’t own that I can think of are Super Man and Batman.

It should be interesting to see what transpires in the next few weeks or what additional announcements are made.

No comments:

Post a Comment