Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Another Year Announced – Nothing Like Being Consistent

So Disney announced some information about next year and big surprise, ticket prices are going up. At this point I’d be surprised if Disney didn’t raise ticket prices. It almost feels like a running cliché. To be honest, if Disney didn’t raise ticket prices I’d stop dead in my tracks and ask “What’s wrong?”

On the down side there wasn’t anything that really surprised me about their announcements. Couldn’t they mix it up for once? Maybe announce a new kind of ticket or option to add a little spice.

One thing I think could really mix things up is to add bonuses to plans and tickets. For example: If you buy a 10 day pass you get a Disney pin that you can’t buy anywhere. I think doing something like that would take the sting out of a ticket price increase.

The dining plan also went up in cost – big shocker there. I did the dining plan once. It was ok. I can honestly say I won’t be doing it again. I ate way too much on the dining plan because I had to get my money’s worth.

Next I’m expecting that Disney will announce a promotion soon. What will replace “What Will You Celebrate?” Maybe “Come Be Broke With Us!” I think that would be fitting. They could dress all of the characters like hobos and make them panhandle from guests.

I’m also expecting an announcement in regards to a discount for the 1st quarter. This could be the wild card. I could see Disney doing nothing but that’s unlikely. I don’t think they’ll extend the free dining. It will have been going on for three months with limited success. I’m not sure if they will do the buy four get three free either. That was a great promotion but it cost them.

No comments:

Post a Comment