Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Swiss Family Tree House


There have been rumors for years about the Swiss Family Tree House getting closed done for a major overhaul / replacement. I can see why. Anyone under the age of twenty probably has no idea who the Swiss Family Robinson is. Some of the hardcore Disney kids would know and would have seen the movie but all the other kids most likely have no idea why the giant tree house is in Disney World.

Before I get hate mail I have to say this; I hope the tree house does not close. It’s an original. It’s classic Disney. It has a charm that can’t be reproduced. It’s just like Tom Sawyers Island. It could never be built again (for legal reasons).

I can’t see a reason to shut down the tree house. I always see people going through it. It seems fairly popular. There is also the fact that there is nothing like it. I can’t think of another attraction that is similar. You can also consider that people who know nothing about the movie can enjoy the tree house. Sure they might enjoy it more if they saw the movie but it is still an interesting attraction even without the back story.

In a day when we’ve lost classics like Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, Horizons, The World of Motion, Body Wars, Alien Encounter (yes I consider it a classic), and Journey Into Imagination is a joke, it’s nice to know we there are still some timeless classics left in the “World.”

No comments:

Post a Comment