Search This Blog

Friday, August 21, 2009

Upcoming Restaurant Reviews

I really don’t fit in when it comes to planning a Disney vacation. Most people book a vacation, and then figure out where they are going to be, then plan the dining. I plan where I’m going to eat before the vacation is even booked. It’s fun. Try it sometime.

Here are some of the locations I’ll be hitting up on my next trip. I’ve somewhat ignored other reviews and feedback so don’t complain that some of the places have a bad rap.

1 – Mexico – Repeat visit – You’ll get to see if the San Angel Inn maintains, gets better, or gets worse.

2 – Garden Grill – First Visit in nearly 20 years. I’ve eaten here before but I remember next to nothing about it. I hope Chip and Dale pick on my wife. She doesn’t understand the whole character thing.

3 – Momma Melrose’s – I like Italian. I’ve worked at three different Italian restaurants and I’ve never eaten here. This should be interesting.

4 – Brown Derby – I think they only reason we are going to the Derby is for the salad and the grapefruit cake.

5 – Crystal Palace – I ate there once over ten years ago. It wasn’t impressive. Let’s see if that changed. Maybe I can tip Pooh and the gang to annoy my wife.

6 – Tusker House – All I can say is, it has to be better than Yak and Yeti.

7 – Tapan Edo (or whatever it’s called) – My wife watches that food network show about this so we might as well go here.

8 – Le Cellier – The last time I ate here you could walk in whenever you wanted. If we get in here you will get a review.

9 – The Norway Breakfast – If Scopa can do it, so can I!

10 – California Grill – Return visit – Can the Grill possibly match its last performance and keep in the top spot in WDW?

11 – Hoop Dee Doo – Return visit – Will the Hoop Dee Doo stand up against multiple visits or is it a one hit wonder?

12 – Kazunna – My wife loves Iron Chef so I don’t have much of a say in this one. At least she’s my favorite Iron Chef.

There you have it. These are subject to change but they shouldn’t change a whole lot. You might see some additions too if we end up on the dining plan. Right now we are not using the dining plan.

Also please keep in mind – it could be years before I get a chance to do these. It all depends on what kind of promo Disney runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment