Search This Blog

Monday, August 17, 2009

Disney Announces Nationwide Rehab Centers

Disney is getting into the rehab business but not in the way you might expect. While other rehab centers focus on substance abuse, Disney is focusing on “World” withdrawal.

“We’ve found that a lot of people have a very difficult time adapting back to their normal lives after a Disney vacation. There have been reports of depression, destructive behavior, and volatile mood swings in guests whose vacation has just ended,” stated Doc Dwarf – a medical professional.

A mother of two from Arizona explained why treatment for this addiction is so important, “I couldn’t function after my vacation. I couldn’t stop crying. My sister tried to cheer me up. I went nuts and beat her senseless. I only got worse until my husband shot me with a tranquilizer dart. When I woke up I was in rehab. Within a week I was back to normal.”

Disney plans to open fifty centers across the country. Treatment will involve slowly reducing the amount of Disney exposure each day until the guest is able to function again. Early trials have shown that after one week of treatment most guests are able to return to their normal lives. In rare cases it takes up to four weeks of intense treatment to get results.

The average cost per week is expected to run about $3000 but Disney will be offering a more advanced treatment that starts $5000 per week.

No comments:

Post a Comment