Search This Blog

Monday, June 15, 2009

Some People Are Idiots!

Some people suffer from a chronic case can cranial – rectal inversion, also known as – head up your butt syndrome. Why do I say this? I’ve come across some websites and blogs that are complaining about Disney’s newest princess Tiana.

Tiana is the star of new animated movie “The Princess and the Frog.” Why is she drawing such attention – because she’s an African American.

I couldn’t help but think “who gives a Remy’s backside” when I saw people complaining and calling the whole thing racist. I think those same people are the ones who have been complaining for years that Disney only had white princesses.

To be honest I thought people would complain more a bout princess Jasmine. She’s Arabic and runs around half naked. That’s normally enough to get Al-Qaida foaming at the mouth.

Why didn’t people complain when Disney released the new Tinker Bell movie? Is it ok to have an African American fairy but not an African American princess?

Can you imagine what people could accomplish if they focused their time and effort on reducing pollution, trying to find a cure for cancer, or save the whales instead of whining about a cartoon?

From what I can tell Tiana is done tastefully. We’re not talking about another Uncle Remus here. Can’t we just stop and remember we’re talking about a cartoon and Disney is trying to be a little more diverse? Keep in mind that Disney changed her name already because people thought the first name was too cliché. I normally don’t defend Disney but in this case I think it’s warranted.

No comments:

Post a Comment