Search This Blog

Friday, July 3, 2009

Mmmmmmm….Turkey Legs….

Some people hate turkey legs. If you are a vegetarian I can understand that. If you just hate them because you don’t like them….you are what I refer to as a freak. The turkey legs in Disney World are a must do. They are a classic. What’s not to like?

Every time I see a turkey leg I think of the Flintstones. The legs are huge. You could use them as a weapon if the need arose and that’s amazing because most food items that can be used as a weapon tend to be low quality. Take stale muffins for example. Stale muffins get rock hard and you could injure someone with one if you hit them just right. Would you want to eat a stale muffin? Of course not.

Turkey legs are nothing like stale muffins. They are smoked yet still moist. I don’t know how Disney does that on such a large scale. Most items that a smoked in bulk tend to be a little dry or unevenly cooked. I’ve never had a raw or dry turkey leg.

When you walk by the carts you get hit with that salty, smoky scent, that just beckons you get in line. I think it’s the same with the popcorn when you first enter the Main Street. They should really find a way to control that. My waist line can’t take it.

Turkey legs are also one of the best quick service meals in Disney. On the Disney Dining Plan you can get a turkey leg, bag of chips, and a soda for one quick service meal. You might balk at that and say it’s not worth the cost. That might be so but you’ll be so stuffed you won’t care.

No comments:

Post a Comment