Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Wave – Tree Hugging Hippies Unite!


My wife and I had breakfast at the Wave. It was the last thing we did on our last vacation. The Wave is located on the first floor of the Contemporary resort right next to the front desk. The entrance is cool looking. It’s designed to look like a giant hamster beating up a goat…ok it just looks like a big wave…but the hamster idea would be awesome. I bet it would be the most photographed thing in Disney.

The inside of the wave tries to be trendy and new age. It’s not bad but I can’t help but think what people will think of it in ten years. It could very well be one of those things you look at and wonder “what were they thinking?”

The service was decent, nothing amazing. It was however quick. That’s always a nice thing when it comes to breakfast. When you’re grumpy the faster someone is the better. I am of course speaking about my wife when I say grumpy. She’s not a morning person (there’s the understatement). I can get away with saying that because she doesn’t read this blog…I hope…At least she never used to…

The food wasn’t bad. All of it was all natural, unprocessed, free range and so on. It’s different unless you’re crunchy and eat that way anyways.

I was very adventurous and ordered…the pancakes! They were made form whole wheat flour. That did add a nice nutty flavor to them not to mention whole wheat flour really is better than bleached flour in almost every way. They were served with actual maple syrup. For most people that must be really cool. When you’re from NH and have a dozen sugar shacks within twenty miles of it’s not all that amazing. It’s still nice though.

I also ordered the OJ. You could really tell that it was fresh squeezed. It was sweeter and less bitter than normal OJ.

My wife got an omelet made from free range eggs. It amazingly tasted like an omelet. Go figure. It did have some fresh vegetables too but it’s hard to get excited about that. She also ordered coffee. It was ok, nothing really outstanding about it except for maybe the fact that it wasn’t Nescafe. Then again it might have been pee in a pot. After drinking Nescafe for a week, pee in a pot might actually be an improvement. Wow…Disney really is genius isn’t. How can you server slop and have people complement it? Serve crap all week! GENIUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment