Search This Blog

Monday, May 4, 2009

Don’t Say No


Some people are naturally shy. Some are so shy they’d refuse if ever asked to participate in a Disney show or activity. That’s too bad because they are over looking three important things. One: Normally it entertaining to play along. Two: Your family and friends will enjoy it more than you. Three: You’ll be making a memory that you will always have.

On my last trip to the world I got picked to be in the mini movie on the Back Lot Tour. When they asked for a volunteer I raised my hand right away. My wife did her usual, roll her eyes and try to guilt trip me for leaving her alone.

They took me to a little side area to get changed into some heavy duty rain gear. They asked who wanted the easiest job. I passed on that because it sounded like a trap. Why would you even ask if it was so easy? Wouldn’t you ask if someone didn’t mind taking a more difficult job?

After they locked up our belongings they gave us all instructions. I ended up being the captain. It was easy enough I just had to look out of some fake binoculars, make a fake phone call after the attack started, and then “steer” the ship. The two people with me had to point and panic. The lady who volunteered for the “easy” job was sat down in a chair in a small room. When she was comfortable she had to “answer” a phone and then get hit 10,000 gallons of water. I knew something was up when they said it was the easiest job.

After your part is done they piece the stuff together and play it on a screen and everyone in the audience gets to laugh at you acting like an idiot.

My wife caught it all on film and video. I’d post the video but all you really hear is her making fun of me. No one other than me has seen the footage. My wife didn’t care enough to watch it after the fact. Years from now I’ll show people. They’ll probably laugh at me but that’s half the fun. Everyone gets to have a good time because I volunteered.

If you’re ever in Disney and are asked to do something like that, do it. You’ll regret it if you don’t. On the other hand you could be a grumpy old fart. If that’s the case, don’t bother going to Disney. You’d just be one of those people who wanders around and keeps saying “I don’t get it” or “I don’t see what the big deal is.” Those people should be tied by and left on “Stich’s Great Esacpe” until they beg for mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment