Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

One Big Dysfunctional Family


I always thought I had an odd sense of humor. Half the time when I explain something that I put in this blog to my coworker she just shakes her head. My wife doesn’t even read this blog which is probably a good thing.

I thought I was alone in the odd ball humor area. I thought I was one of the few people who thought the “I Like Turtles” video was one of the best videos in years. Boy was I ever wrong.

On April 19th, 2009 I caught my first live WDW Today show. I made sure I logged into the chat room and turned on Matt’s webcam.

At first I was afraid I’d offend someone with my usual antics. I wasn’t even close on that one. As soon as someone made the mistake of calling in and saying the word “turtles” the chat room exploded with “I LIKE TURTLES!”

That loosened me up a little but what really made me feel like home was when Matt stepped away for a minute. Everyone started the bathroom jokes. I chimed in with a Dumb and Dumber bathroom jibe, another person claimed he fainted, and everyone else chimed in. When he did it again later in the show, I jumped in with a Turbo Lax joke, someone else did the classic Phil Hartman “Colon Blow” commercial, and a bunch of other people pretended to panic.

Of course everyone had to tease Scoppa for being old. That led to fun comments about his being in the walker and wheelchair division of the half marathons.

In the end I was amazed by how many demented people there are out there. Does Disney somehow attract crack heads? Being in that chat room was like being in a room with a dozen of the hamsters from Bolt.

No comments:

Post a Comment