Search This Blog

Monday, October 19, 2009

Why the Boardwalk?

People might ask – Why did you pick the Boardwalk for your next trip? I have a few reasons for this.

In the past I’ve stayed at the Contemporary (twice) and Fort Wilderness (lots). It was time to branch out. I like the Wilderness Lodge but my wife dislikes Native American themed stuff so that was out. I wanted to stay at an Epcot resort so that really narrowed it down. I’m not a big fan of deluxe or moderate so that left three resorts: The Boardwalk, Yacht Club, and Beach Club. I’m from New England so the Yacht Club wasn’t a big draw. The Beach Club is nice and it has a mini water park but I hate water parks.

That left the Boardwalk. At night it is an awesome site. It’s all lit up. In the morning you have the bakery right there. You can walk to DHS or Epcot and that’s a big draw.

Cat Cora’s new restaurant is located at the Boardwalk and that should be a draw. I’m part Greek. My grand mother was full Greek. She used to make all sorts of Greek food. The only time I get Greek food now is…never. Only draw back is that restaurant has gotten awful reviews. One of the big reasons is – it’s not real Greek food. It’s some kind of hybrid that just doesn’t work. Another complaint people have is it’s very expensive. Needless to say I’m not going to eat there for dinner. I have plenty of other restaurants to review. I don’t want to go into one with a bad impression.

Another reason I didn’t stay where I’ve stayed before is this blog. I want to mix it up and do reviews of different hotels. Next time we might stay at the Poly. Everyone seems to call it the best so I’m going to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment