Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Animal Kingdom

I’ve heard some people claim that Disney’s Animal Kingdom is awful and that they just avoid it. Most of them feel that it’s just not “Disney” enough. Please give me a minute to find some cheese to go with your whine. I first went to Animal Kingdom the year Countdown to Extinction (now called Dinosaur) opened. I loved it. If you do not want to eat it’s a great park. It’s by far the best zoo I’ve ever been to. Oh sorry I forgot it’s not a zoo…I guess that’s why it’s accredited by the zoo people…go figure. I will admit that there is an excessive amount of junk in this park but the parts they didn’t cut corners on are nice.

Here is the good and the bad of Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

The Good:

1 – Expedition Everest: This is a great roller coaster even if you don’t like roller coasters. The only negative I’ve run into is motion sickness. I don’t have a problem with it but my wife cannot go on this more than once because of the part where it goes in reverse. One other drawback is the fact that the yeti is busted you don’t get to see him move anymore.

2 – The Safari: It’s long, it’s different, and you will see a ton of different animals. Some of the animals get very close. Sometimes the truck has to stop until an animal moves out of the way.

3 – The “Jungle Treks”: These are well designed. You get to see an amazing variety of animals. The ones that stand out the most are the mountain gorillas, the tigers, and the flying foxes. Some people think the flying foxes are creepy and gross. I like them. I’d like to have one as a pet although I really doubt they make good pets.

4 – The Tree of Life: Some people hate this icon. Others love it. I like it because of the attention to detail that went into it. It’s sheer size and the number of animals carved into it make it worth seeing.

The Bad:

1 – Dino Land: I hate this land. Everything around that awful dino roller coaster is ugly and needs to be flushed down the toilet.

2 – Yak and Yeti: Please, someone fix the food here. It’s just awful.

3 – Kali River Rapids: The two big problems with this ride are; the fact that it’s about two seconds long and you don’t just get wet you get soaked to the bone. Even if you wear a poncho you still get soaked. I don’t mind getting wet but what happens to you on this ride is excessive.

4 – It’s Tough to be a Bug: This should be a fun, upbeat 3D movie. It’s not. I don’t mind this attraction but I can understand why people don’t like it. This movie scares the young children to the point of hysteria. There is also a certain part where you get punched in the spine. That’s always fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment