Search This Blog

Friday, January 30, 2009

The Deluxe Dining Plan – My stomach hurts…

The last time I went to Disney I went all out. I hadn’t been in ten years. My wife hadn’t been in longer than that and she had never really done “Disney.” So I went nuts. We booked the atrium in the Contemporary, got the park hoper passes, and bought the Dining Deluxe plan.

In 2008 the Deluxe plan included three sit down meals a day, two snacks, and a resort fillable mug (I'd never pay for it but it's a decent mug). Thankfully I thought things through before I started making my ADRs. First of all how were we going to find time to eat three sit down meals a day? Second, how could be possibly eat that much? Finally, if we do eat that much, is my life insurance paid up?

With those things in mind I knew right away that I did not want to waste that much time just eating or even eat that much. So what do you do? You don’t want to waste your credits. You also don’t want to eat one meal a day at a counter service location so the other plan is out.
We decided to eat one meal a day at a signature dining location. That means that we spent one credit a day on breakfast or lunch and then two credits a day on dinner. We used our snacks for breakfast or lunch. Using this combo, we ate enough to feed a third world country. There were times when we didn’t want to eat anymore. I think I gained ten pounds. I can’t see how anyone could eat a full three sit down meals a day. I’d barf. There would be turkey legs and dole whip all over the place.

Now if you want to try out some of the signature dining locations here are the ones we tried (please forgive the spelling): Citricos, (Grand Floridian) Narcoossee’s (Grand Floridian), California Grill (Contemporary), and Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge). There are other signature dining locations. Some are more popular that others. A couple you have to book as early as possible to get into, those being Cinderella’s Table and Victoria and Albert’s. Dinner shows also count as two credits. In most cases this it’s not cost effective but we did the Hoop Dee Doo Review.

When it comes to signature dining I’m going to predict something. It’s only a matter of time before Le Cellier becomes a “signature dining” location. It’s too popular not too. I will be reviewing all of the signature dining locations we ate at in upcoming posts. I’ll also be reviewing the regular sit down locations too. Some were good , some were mediocre, and some were Yak and Yeti which you already know about.

No comments:

Post a Comment