Search This Blog

Friday, January 7, 2011

Disney Year in Review

I’m a little late getting this post out.  By now everyone must be sick to death of all of the “end of year” reviews out there. Don’t let that stop you from reading.  If you’ve ever read this blog before you know I’m a few sandwiches short of a picnic. 

I’m not going to do an in depth overview of the year.  I’m going to do a hit list of the events that made an impression on me.

Give a Day Get a Day: This was a great idea and that was proven by the fact it ran out in a blink of an eye.  I guess the only real drawback of this promotion was the fact that a lot of people who wanted to participate in it could not because it ran out so fast.

Epic Mickey: It was a game with so much promise.  It was a game with everything going for it.  It was a game that fell so short of the mark it made me sad. The only thing that made it even worse was Warren Spector’s, slap in the face, remarks about how everyone was wrong.  The game was good people just didn’t know how to play it or understand what they were trying to do.  I guess I should thank him for letting us know how stupid we are.

D23 Price Drop: This was a step in the right direction but still not what needed to be done to fix D23.  If you want to know how to fix D23 just search my blog for “D23.” I do have to say that I think Disney stole part of my idea.  I just wish they’d steal the entire idea.

Alice in Wonderland: I saw this move and I liked this movie.  In fact it was the only movie I saw in the theater this year.  I’m not sure how it broke a billion but I’m happy it did.  This movie was a welcome surprise.

Captain EO Returns: I have really mixed feelings about this.  Captain EO was awesome when I was a kid.  I got to see it less than a year after it opened in Epcot.  I’m a huge fan of the old school Epcot.  Out of all the things they could have brought back this wouldn’t have been on the top of my list.  What bugs me is the only reason it came back was because Michael Jackson died.  If Michael was still alive Captain EO would still be sitting on a shelf.

Power Ranges Get Dumped: YES! WOOOHOOO! I hated seeing the power rangers in DHS.  I don’t have to worry about that anymore.

Prince Charming’s Carousal: I declare this the official “Say what?!?” Disney moment of the year.  I’d use another term but this is a mostly family friendly blog.  This just happened.  Why?  We don’t know.  How many people know the story and name changed? Almost no one knows.  Why?  Disney didn’t make a big deal about it.  So again, why?

Summer Nightastic: It had an annoying song that got stuck in your head and they messed up the Tower of Terror for a while.  Oh, they also brought back some kind of parade I remember watching when I was eight.

Development for the Rich: I refuse to even mention its name.  This was an awful move.  People shouldn’t live on Disney World property. The problem is Disney is supposed to be for everyone and every family not just the people who wipe their butts with hundred dollar bills.

Doggie Hotel: Why does a dog need a tv and story time?  Sorry I have to stop thinking about this.  My head is starting to hurt.

Toy Story 3: Great move but it had the darkest scene I’ve seen in any Disney movie.  I have to say the landfill scene actually shocked me.  It’s still a top notch movie.

CMDTA Raids Disney: Somehow Disney survived another raid by CMDTA.  New Hampshire didn’t though.  The second biggest ice storm in NH history hit :P

There were a lot of other subjects but I these were the ones I wanted to mention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment