Search This Blog

Thursday, June 3, 2010

CMDTA on His Own: The Hall of Presidents

This is the first in the “CMDTA on His Own” series. One day on my last Disney trip my wife took a morning off while I ran around like a mad man. I did this to do all the attractions my wife refused to do.

The first attraction was the Hall of Presidents. My wife refused to go on this attraction unless she was dead tired and needed to take a nap.

I hit the first show of the day. The waiting room for the Hall is nice. It has a number of fun presidential artifacts including some outrageous boots George W. Bush wore during his inauguration. If I was him I would have kept those boots a secret.

Other than the boots the rest of the artifacts are amazing and show a different side to some of the presidents.

As you walk into the theater you wonder how a theater this size could hide In the Magic Kingdom. You’d never realize how big the theater is from the outside of the building. It’s nice inside too. If it’s a hot day this is the perfect place to get out of the heat and find a comfortable seat.

The show is greatly improved over the previous version. In my opinion it’s better than the American Adventure. The American Adventure comes off as overly negative and it seems to focus on the wrong things but that’s a story for another post.

The worst part about the show is the Obama animatronic. It’s not that he’s bad it’s just a let down after George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. It’s also not a flattering representation of Obama.

I’d recommend that everyone do this show at least once but keep in mind children might be bored stiff by this attraction. Also I wonder what a non-American would think about it. It’s interesting for an American but I think if I was from another country I’d be bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment