Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dining Review: The Hollywood Brown Derby

The Brown Derby is the best restaurant you’ll find in a theme park. There I said it. There are so many good things about the Brown Derby it’s hard to list them all but I’ll try.

Food: The food is great. The Cobb Salad is a must eat. You can order it as an app that two people can split or as an entrée even though it’s only listed as an app. It’s one of the best salads I’ve ever had. Both my wife and I ordered it and we both loved it even though our tastes often differ.

Another great thing about the food at the Brown Derby is the deserts. They are amazing. I ordered the Grape Fruit cake. Some people might be turned off by the name but it is a great desert. It’s not too sweet and it’s not too tart. It’s a great end to any meal. My wife ordered the Banana White Chocolate Toffee Tower. It’s hard to describe how good that desert is. It’s unique. I’ve never seen anything like it anywhere else. My wife does not like banana flavored things but she tried it anyways. She loved it.

Service: The service was great. Our server was Kimberly from West Palm Beach. She was great. We couldn’t fluster her. I didn’t mean to but I forgot to ask for no blue cheese on my salad. She ran out back and had the order changed. She also stayed pleasant even though we both ordered water and ordered an app for an entrée. We weren’t trying to be cheap it’s just what we wanted. She was always upbeat and responsive.

Atmosphere: The Brown Derby is the best themed of any Disney restaurant. People might laugh at me and say it’s poorly themed. Those people are idiots. People overlook it’s theme because it’s in DHS. If you took the Brown Derby out of DHS people would say it has a great theme. It fits so perfectly into the Hollywood theme of DHS that people tend to overlook it. When you walk into the Brown Derby you are walking into Hollywood.

Price: A lot of people say that the Brown Derby is expensive. They are right but you’ll spend about the same amount if you eat at Le Cellier. Overall I think it’s a little over priced but when you consider it’s located in a theme park you realize it’s about on par for what they are serving.

Overall the Brown Derby is a great restaurant that everyone should try at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment