Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2010

Matt Hochberg - Better Than Zoloft

I've found a few things that always make me feel better if I get down on myself or think I have things bad. One of the major ones is going to anywhere that ends in MART. Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and so on. Spend ten minutes there and you will see someone who is 100 times more over weight then you'll ever be, 100 times uglier than you'll ever be, or 100 times worse off than you'll ever be.

Another sure fire way to cheer up is by going to Disney World. Yes that's a lame answer but it's true. I don't think I've ever met someone who went there on vacation that didn't smile when they entered one of the parks.

Today I got a self esteem booster. The WDW Today podcast. I've listened to this podcast for a long time but today I realized that Matt Hochberg is more of a dork than I am. At least when he was a kid he was.

I thought I was bad but I have to say my parents never bribed me with a trip to Disney World if I'd go to the prom. I have to say that was a big boost to myself esteem. I burst out laughing and not the good laugh but the bad "I'm laughing at you not with you" laugh.

I didn't go to the prom but it wasn't because I wasn't social. That just was not my thing. On the other side of the coin I think my parents might have considered bribing me to keep me in the house and out of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment