Search This Blog

Saturday, January 28, 2012

New Video Posted: Spaceship Earth in 1080p

Spaceship Earth is a much beloved ride.  From time to time Disney overhauls parts of it but the general theme of the ride has remained unchanged since it opened. 

I remember when I was a kid I didn't believe that a ride could be housed inside that big globe.  After going on it for the first time I wanted to go again.  Even as a kid I realized how detailed Spaceship Earth was.

Another thing that I love about this ride is it's connection to the original Epcot.  The "edutainment" of the original Epcot is still alive and well when you ride Spaceship Earth.   We can thank the structural design for this.  Very little can be changed about the layout of the ride.  This was discovered years ago when Michael Eisner wanted put a roller coaster inside of Spaceship Earth.  Sometimes it's good when an idea fails.

You can see the video here.

No comments:

Post a Comment