Search This Blog

Sunday, August 14, 2011

If You Can't Afford to See the Help

Times are really tuff right now.  Considering this weekend you either wanted to see "The Help" or the remake of the Planet of the Apes.   Personally I'd rather go to the dentist than see the that awful looking Planet of the Apes remake so that leaves "The Help."

I loved the book and I plan on seeing the movie.  I'm sure a lot of other people are in the same boat but what if you are really trying to cut back and going to the movies just isn't in the budget right now?

Do you have Netflix or can afford a rental?  If so there is a movie that will at least tied you over until until you can see "The Help."

In 1989 a movie was released that was so well done that it won multiple Academy Awards and has really stood the test of time.  It also is a perfect match for anyone who wants to see "The Help."  I'm talking about "Driving Ms. Daisy." 

"Driving Ms. Daisy" takes place a few years after the beginning of "The Help."  If you have not read "The Help" and want to get some background on the atmosphere before seeing rent "Driving Ms. Daisy." 

Now I could give an overview or review  of "Driving Ms. Daisy" but that would fall a little flat.  Instead I'd rather issue a challenge.  Watch "Driving Ms. Daisy" and don't cry during the last scene.  I won't tell you what that final scene is about I'll just tell you it's one of the most touching scenes in the history of film making. 

There the gauntlet has been thrown down.  Let me know if you beat (or want to admit you beat) that challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment