Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Eat to the Beat

Every now and then I hear about someone doing something and I think to myself “wow I thought they were dead.” Thankfully in most cases it’s just their careers that are dead.

I was recently listening to the “Inside the Magic” podcast and I heard the lineup for “Eat to the Beat” which takes place during the Food and Wine festival at Epcot. I have to admit I had a good laugh as some of the names were read off.

Taylor Dane – I thought she died of an OD, my bad.

Air Supply – The best thing to come out of Melbourne Australia in 1974…hey I’m trying to be positive.

Sister Hazel – The best band named after a nun…I think (Not the nun part. There might be a better band named after a nun.)

Billy Ocean – The best artist to take his last name from a Soccer team which was named after a movie.

Boys 2 Men – Wow. The mighty have fallen.

Hanson – See boys you knew, as grown ups! Yeah I’m sure that works…

Rick Springfield – Instead of hearing teenage girls scream you can see the middle aged women scream.

38 Special – I’ll have to start working on my mullet

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy – Nice to know they survived their 2.9 seconds of fame. Remember when everyone pretended to like swing?

Kool and the Gang – Over 70 million albums sold…what happened to the money?

Sugar Ray – The heart throb you remember now looks like the mummy.

Taylor Hicks – Wow that career tanked fast didn’t it?

Night Ranger – AAARRRRGGG!!! I have “Sister Christian” stuck in my head now.

There are others but I just don’t feel like listing them. I guess there are a few ways to look at things. These people either – love to perform, are desperate, or are in denial. I’ll take the happy road and say they all love to perform.

No comments:

Post a Comment