Search This Blog

Monday, April 26, 2010

Another View of the Hoop Dee Doo Review


On my 2008 trip to Disney World I did the Hoop Dee Doo for the first time in ten years and I loved it. On my 2010 trip I did it again but this time from a different seat and a much different show time.

Last time I did the 9:30pm show. There were a couple of problems with that. The first was the transportation doesn’t run that late so they have to make special arrangements to get you back to your resort. The second problem was the parents who kept their kids up that late with predictable results.

This time I did the 4:30 show. Most of the kids were ok but most of them really needed a nap. The crowd really doesn’t change much. It’s about the same at both times. The kids are a little fresher so you have a choice. Spend time with kids or spend time with kids who are half dead. The show itself doesn’t change a whole lot either. It was still good.

The food was as good as I remembered it. The ribs and chicken are great. The corn bread is some of the best anywhere. The beans are top notch. Even the salad is good. This time instead of beer I did Merlot. It was an ok Merlot. It was cheap but not so cheap that I got a headache from it. My wife did the sangria and enjoyed it.

Last time I sat off to the side and got a good view of most of the action. This time I was in the middle and could see everything. Both times I bought category two. That category seems to be the most bang for the buck. One key to getting a good seat no matter what category you are in seems to be showing up as soon as they start checking people in. They almost always change your table when they check you in.

Pioneer Hall hasn’t changed at all. It’s still a classic. It’s a nice inviting building that is perfectly decorated. You have to love it.

Is the Hoop Dee Doo worth doing again? Yes. I’ll do it every time I got to Disney World. It’s the best dinner show in Disney World. In fact I can’t think of a dinner show that beats it anywhere but then again I haven’t done a lot of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment