Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Walking Into the Prime Time

On our last day in the parks we found ourselves in DHS on a Thursday. Thanks to Fantasmic the place was busting at the seams. We were hungry and didn’t feel like grabbing quick service or a snack. We walked over to the Prime Time CafĂ©. The place was very busy but we were not planning on going to the restaurant. Thanks to podcasts and lots of research I knew the bar at the Prime Time served the full menu. Despite all the people who were waiting to be seated in the main restaurant my wife and I were able to walk right up the bar and sit down next to each other.

We’d eaten there before so we had an idea of what to expect. We ordered the Meat Loaf and the Chicken Caesar Salad. I’m picky about meatloaf but the meatloaf at the 50’s Prime Time is awesome. It really hits the spot. If you are a fan of meatloaf you have to try it. The Chicken Caesar Salad was good. The Caesar dressing wasn’t too thick or too thin. It was too fishy or bland. It was just right.

Another great thing about the 50’s Prime Time is their beers on tap. They mostly have good beers on tap with the only exception being Bud Light. They had the seasonal Sam Adams, Blue Moon and a couple other great beers on tap. However, the real alcohol draw is the mixed drinks. The mixed drinks are inexpensive and they give a good pour. My wife and I ordered Long Islands and they were great. I’d venture to say that the bar at the prime time is one of the best bars in Disney World.

After eating we ordered desert. We split a Peanut Butter and Jelly shake. I forgot how good these are. I am not kidding when I say it is the best food item in Disney World. You have not had a shake / frappe until you have had one of these.

I don’t need to go into other aspects of the restaurant because I’ve already covered it before. If you want more details see “It’s Prime Time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment