Search This Blog

Monday, November 9, 2009

Wow Moments

Everyone has “wow” moments. “Wow” moments are the times when something stops you in your tracks or you get a sudden rush of emotion. Most of the time these “wow” moments are infused with nostalgia.

Here are a couple of my wow moments:

#1 – The monorail looping around Epcot: I don’t know why but this always amazed me. I guess I knew I was in for a good day when I saw Spaceship Earth go by. It’ll be strange on my next trip. I’m staying at the Boardwalk so I won’t be experiencing this.

#2 – Cinderella’s Castle from Main Street USA: I think this is on everyone’s list. When you walk down Main Street most Disney fans get that happy feeling.

#3 – The Hyatt MCO: Ok this might sound like an odd one but when I see this hotel inside Orlando International Airport I know I’ve arrived. On the flip side this one also has the opposite effect on the way back. I know my vacation is over.

#4 – The purple and red signs: I bet a lot of people get the wow moment when they see these signs. Nothing says you’re in Disney as when you see the green highway signs turn into the purple and red Disney World signs.

#5 – The atrium in the Contemporary: The atrium in the Contemporary is just impressive. Even if I’m not staying there I always have to find a reason to go there.

#6 – Pioneer Hall: I stayed at Fort Wilderness a lot when I was a kid. When I see Pioneer Hall I smile. The whole area over there is nice and comforting.

Of course there are others but those are the ones that really stand out for me. Feel free to leave your favorite moments in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment